The organization dates back to the year 1947 with its parent company Murray & Co, a workshop of 500 square feet employing eight people. From the manufacture of fans it ventured successfully to the manufacturing of Transformer, special purpose motors and finally Industrial brake and clutch , electromagnetic clutch and brake and sophisticated electronic components.
Since 1975, under the brand established as Emco and Emco Simplatroll industrial brakes and clutches are manufactured with the technical license of Lenze GmbH & Cc in their plants at Vasai near Mumbai and Waghodia proxy to Baroda. The agreement consummated in the year 2000. Thus it was renamed as Emco Dynatorq Pvt. Ltd.